Below you will find a preliminary calendar of Key Dates for the Fall 2019-Spring 2019 Cohort. These timelines are subject to change.
Key Dates for 2019-2020 Fall-Spring Cohort:
|September 1, 2019||Students arrive in Taiwan|
|September 2-6, 2019||In-country orientation|
|September 9, 2019||Classes begin|
|November 4-8, 2019||Midterm Exams|
|January 6-10, 2020:||Final Exams|
|January 13-17, 2020||Winter Break|
|January 20, 2020||Internships begin|
|May 22, 2020||Internships end|
|May 25 - June 12, 2020||Superior-Level Language Practicum|
|June 15-18, 2020||Exit Proficiency Tests|
|June 19, 2020||Closing ceremony and farewell party|
|June 26, 2020||Flagship students return to U.S. on or before June 26|
Key Dates for 2020 Spring-Fall Cohort (to be determined)
In addition to the dates outlined above, the following regular activities will be offered to both cohorts by the Taipei Flagship Overseas Center:
- Weekly guest speaker events on Wednesday afternoons from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m.
- Students should go out with language partners to explore Taipei on weekends.
- Students are required to join at least one NTU club.
- The Resident Director will host a monthly meeting on Friday afternoon from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Site director and faculty advisors will meet with students on the 25th of each month for 10-15 minute individual conferences.
- Students can join day-long trips organized by ICLP during the semester as long as they don’t conflict with the Overseas Center’s classes or activities.
- Students are encouraged to join all events organized by ICLP and NTU during their free time.